In a following blog post, we'll provide more tips to remind you of what to do and bring before the event, however it's a good idea to start preparing yourself now, so you have a stress-free lead up to the event.
Visualisation techniques can help massively. Take a little moment, every now and then, and visualise yourself on race day. Some ideas might be:
● A calm sleep the night before.
● An early wake up and a well planned pre-race routine in Albury's QEII Square.
● The first few km's where you're enjoying the buzz and energy of running down Dean St.
● The harder part of the race where you need to pace yourself, imagine playing the smart game.
● Logistics of pick-up after the race in Wodonga.
Also, get yourself prepared:
● Check your running shoes. Don't change anything (don't run in new shoes).
● Check that you have washed your favourite pair of running socks & running clothes.
● Keep an eye on the weather forecast, plan your post race clothing etc.